In times of war, in times of peace, we must always remember our veterans!
The Franklin County Veterans Services Office assists eligible veterans, their dependents and/or surviving spouses, children of deceased veterans, members of the Reserves or National Guard, and active-duty service members in applying for benefits and services from the Department of Veterans Affairs and North Carolina Division of Veterans Affairs.
- Disability Compensation for veterans who are totally or partially disabled due to service related illnesses or injury.
- Disability Pension for wartime veterans who are totally disabled to work due to non-related service illnesses or injury.
- Medical and Hospital Treatment for eligible veterans.
- Home Loan Guaranty for veterans of service after September 11, 1940.
- Scholarships for eligible children of combat veterans.(call office for deadlines)
- Death Compensation, Pension and other related claims for dependents of veterans with wartime service or who died of a service related disability
- Burial Benefits
Veteran Registration Drive: If you are a veteran and live in Franklin County, come by or call our office. You may be entitle to receive benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs. I am here for your benefit and to help you with your needs.
Mrs. Brenda L. Wilkins
Veterans Services Officer
Open Monday - Friday
8AM to 5PM
Telephone: (919) 496-1939
Fax: (919) 340-2078