NEW SERVICE APPLICATION to apply for a new water service account. Please fill out this application and return it to our offices or email it to email@example.com or drop it off in the drop box located at the entrance to the public utilities offices. We require 24-hour notice and the new service application needs to be turned in before 4PM for water to be turned on the next business day. The following will need to be provided:
To open a utility service account, a new customer will have to come to our office during the hours of Monday - Friday from 8:00 am until 4:30 pm . The office is located at 1630 US HWY 1, Youngsville, NC 27856.
- Government issued identification (Valid Driver’s License/ State ID from any U.S. state or territory, Passport, Certificate of Citizenship (N560), and US Active Duty/ Retiree/Reservist Military ID Card (000 10-2))
- Proof of residency (ie: utility bills, cable television bills, telephone bills, deeds, and rental agreements)
- Social Security Number (Franklin County Public Utilities reserves the right to request a social security number to be used for debt collection purposes. (G.S. 143-64.60) The customer can deny giving a social security number, (5 u.s.c. § 552) however a higher deposit will be required on the account in the amount of $150.00 to ensure final payment.
- Pay Security Deposit - $100.00 (Security Deposits are required for each account. The amount is based on the FCPU Rate and Fee Schedule. Deposits are not interest bearing and will be held for as long as there is an active account. (G.S. 153A-277 and G.S. 160A-314) Once the account has been closed, the account will be final billed, the Security Deposit will be applied to the account and any remaining credit balance will be refunded to the customer.)
- Pay Adminstrative Fee -$50.00 (Administrative fee is non-refundable and will be required for all accounts)
New service connections are only performed on weekdays during normal business hours (except holidays).
Before your service is connected, make sure all faucets are turned off and sink/tub stoppers are open to prevent accidental flooding.
The Policy, Procedures, Rate and Fee Schedules are approved and adopted by The Franklin County Board of Commissioners. These are subject to change annually.