IMPORTANT UTILITY BILLING INFORMATION
Franklin County Public Utilities has received some questions regarding the May and June billing cycles. Due to COVID-19 safety procedures and Executive Order 124 issued by Governor Roy Cooper, FCPU did not read water meters for the May billing cycle. Most customers were only billed the base fee for the May billing and any usage above the minimum was included on the June billing. The base fee for water-only accounts is $30 and the base fee for accounts with both water and sewer is $65.
The May billing cycle included service for the period from March 16, 2020 through April 15, 2020. FCPU only billed for the base fee of 0-2,000 gallons even if your usage was more than 2,000 gallons. A flyer was included with the billing to notify customers of this change.
FCPU staff read water meters for the June billing cycle which included service from April 15, 2020 through May 14, 2020 and any usage in excess of 2,000 gallons from the May billing was detected with this reading and included on the June billing.
If you have any questions, please contact customer service at 919.556.6177. FCPU apologizes for any confusion that this may have caused.
AFTER HOURS UTILITY EMERGENCY 919.496.6565
PUBLIC UTILITIES OFFICE HOURS
- Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- New Service Applications Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
The Franklin County Public Utilities Department provides quality water and sewer services to approximately 7,100 customers in Franklin County 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our commitment is to treat and deliver top quality drinking water to your home or business, and to collect the community wastewater for high-level treatment before releasing the cleaned water back into our local creeks and to be used as re-use irrigation. Our goal is to provide the best water and wastewater service for our customers while being good stewards of the environment and maintaining public health.
Please notify the Public Utilities Department of any changes to your contact information by using the Customer Comments button below. Keeping your contact information current allows us to contact you in the event of any utility or billing concerns.
We appreciate your feedback, please visit our Customer Comments section to make any changes on your account or to notify us that you are disconnecting your services.
Due to the COVID-19 Crisis, convenience fees to pay by credit card will be waived for the duration of the event.
Franklin County Public Utilities is pleased to offer our customers the convenience of online utility bill payments.
With online bill pay, you can:
• Pay your bill with Visa, Master Card, and Discover credit card or debit card
• View current balances and due dates
• Access billing history, payments, and charges
• View historical consumption data
Online utility bill payment offers several benefits, including:
• Ease of use - No more hassles with paperwork, postage or different payment methods for different statements.
• Security and Privacy - Personal information remains confidential and secure.
• Flexibility - No more postage or time spent handwriting a check. You can pay with Visa, MasterCard or Discover credit card or debit card.
• Accessibility – You can pay bills any time, from anywhere, as long as you have Internet access. You can also view payments, bill history, and consumption data.
* Payments made online will be credited the next business day.
To get started follow the link below: