PLEASE NOTE: This message is intended for Franklin County Public Utilities customers that have unpaid balances on their water and sewer bill.
Franklin County Public Utilities customers with unpaid balances are urged to call Customer Service at 919-556-6177 or email Customer Service at email@example.com as soon as possible to set up a payment plan for any balances they may have ahead of July 29.
On July 29, Gov. Roy Cooper’s Executive Order 142 will expire, and normal utility billing will resume. Customers with balances will have up to six months to pay off amounts owed.
First issued on March 31, the governor’s executive orders temporarily suspend residential utility service disconnections and waives penalties, fees, and interest on amounts due during the period. Payments due before March 31 will be subject to disconnection when the order expires. Gov. Cooper has emphasized that customers’ bills are not being forgiven under his executive orders. Customers are still responsible for paying for all usage between March 31 and July 29.
Under the executive order, customers will have a six-month period beginning July 30 to pay off unpaid balances that came due March 31-July 29.
Utilities across the state, including Franklin County Public Utilities, are urging water and sewer customers to establish a payment plan now to help avoid disconnection. Utility officials have been working with customers since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic to work out payment plans for those impacted financially by the pandemic.
Again, for those customers needing to establish payment plans, call Customer Service at 919-556-6177 or email Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org
AFTER HOURS UTILITY EMERGENCY 919.496.6565
PUBLIC UTILITIES OFFICE HOURS
- Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- New Service Applications Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
The Franklin County Public Utilities Department provides quality water and sewer services to approximately 7,100 customers in Franklin County 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our commitment is to treat and deliver top quality drinking water to your home or business, and to collect the community wastewater for high-level treatment before releasing the cleaned water back into our local creeks and to be used as re-use irrigation. Our goal is to provide the best water and wastewater service for our customers while being good stewards of the environment and maintaining public health.
Please notify the Public Utilities Department of any changes to your contact information by using the Customer Comments button below. Keeping your contact information current allows us to contact you in the event of any utility or billing concerns.
We appreciate your feedback, please visit our Customer Comments section to make any changes on your account or to notify us that you are disconnecting your services.
Due to the COVID-19 Crisis, convenience fees to pay by credit card will be waived for the duration of the event.
Franklin County Public Utilities is pleased to offer our customers the convenience of online utility bill payments.
With online bill pay, you can:
• Pay your bill with Visa, Master Card, and Discover credit card or debit card
• View current balances and due dates
• Access billing history, payments, and charges
• View historical consumption data
Online utility bill payment offers several benefits, including:
• Ease of use - No more hassles with paperwork, postage or different payment methods for different statements.
• Security and Privacy - Personal information remains confidential and secure.
• Flexibility - No more postage or time spent handwriting a check. You can pay with Visa, MasterCard or Discover credit card or debit card.
• Accessibility – You can pay bills any time, from anywhere, as long as you have Internet access. You can also view payments, bill history, and consumption data.
* Payments made online will be credited the next business day.
To get started follow the link below: