Franklin County Public Utilities has been experiencing a high volume of dirty water complaints today, February 16, 2017. The water issues have originated from a repair performed by the City of Henderson on a 36" waterline adjacent to their water plant located on Kerr Lake. The initial disruption of water supply to repair the leak and subsequent restoration of water flow has caused a disturbance in the main supply line coming from the City of Henderson. Our staff has been closely monitoring the situation and addressing the concerns as they come in to our office. We have also been in contact with City of Henderson personnel and they are beginning the process of flushing the water supply lines that they own and operate. Resolution of this issue may take upwards of 24 hours to remediate. If you experience discolored water please contact our office @ 919-556-6177 during regular business hours and a staff member will be dispatched to your immediate area. After hours issues can be addressed by calling 919-496-6565 and the communications department will dispatch our on-call staff member.
The Franklin County Public Utilities Department provides quality water and sewer services to approximately 5,400 customers in Franklin County 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our commitment is to treat and deliver top quality drinking water to your home or business, and to collect the community wastewater for high-level treatment before releasing the cleaned water back into our local creeks. Our goal is to provide the best water and wastewater service for our customers while protecting the environment and maintaining public health at a fair and reasonable cost.
Franklin County Public Utilities is pleased to offer our customers the convenience of online utility bill payments.
• Pay your bill with Visa, Master Card, and Discover credit card or a debit card
• View current balances and due dates
• Access billing history, payments, and charges
• View historical consumption data
Online utility bill payment offers several benefits, including:
• Ease of use - No more hassles with paperwork, postage or different payment methods for different statements.
• Security and Privacy - Personal information remains confidential and secure.
• Flexibility - No more postage or time spent handwriting a check. You can pay with Visa, MasterCard or Discover credit card or a debit card.
• Accessibility – You can pay bills any time, from anywhere, as long as you have Internet access. You can also view payments, bill history, and consumption data.
* Payments made online will be credited the next business day.
To get started follow the link below:
Bryce Mendenhall, Director
1630 US Hwy #1
Youngsville, NC 27596
Phone: (919) 556-6177
Fax: (919) 556-6709