Recombination/Minor Subdivision Process:
- Contact a Surveyor of your choice.
- Surveyor is to bring in one paper copy for staff to review.
- Allow Planning Staff a minimum of three days to review plat and return comments to surveyor.
- After Planning Staff review, surveyor should submit Mylar copy for Planning Staff endorsement.
- Review fee for a Recombination is $75.00
Review fee for a Minor Subdivision is $95.00
- After Review fee has been paid, take mylar copy to the Register of Deeds office located in the Hobgood Annex for recordation. The Address is:
P.O. Box 545
113 S. Main St.
Louisburg, NC 27549.
Minor Sub with New Roads
- Must be a minimum of 45' in width
- 3 lots or more must list name of new private road
- 4-5 lots: roads must meet DOT standards, 4" compacted stone, and plat must include engineer's certificate
- Sketch vicinity map showing relationship between subdivision and surrounding area.
- Graphic Scale (Scale: 1"=200' or larger)
- Magnetic North Arrow
- Legend (Accurate location and description of all monuments and stakes)
- (Owner, Subdivision Administrator, Review Officer, Surveyor, Notary, Watershed.)
Size of Survey:
- The survey is to be 18" X 24"
- Title, date, name, and location of Subdivision
- Name of owner and registered surveyor
- Name of the Subdivision
- Township, County, and State
- Current Zoning and Setbacks
- Line and names of all streets and roads
- Names and locations of adjoining subdivisions, streets, and location, ownership, and deed information of adjoining property
- Dimensions shown to the nearest one-hundredth (1/100) of a foot and angles to nearest minute
- Tie to NC Grid System or other pertinent monument
(If applicable: Watershed, Floodplain, 50 Foot Buffer on Perennial Stream.)