Disc Repair at Franklin County Library
- DVD Single or Double-Sided
- CD-Data or Music
- X-Box 360
Disc Repair Procedures
- Standard processing is available for $3.00 per disc. Disc(s) will be processed by the RTI Eco-Senior Disc Repair Machine on the Medium mode, unless otherwise requested by the patron. The other modes that are available are Very Light (removes stains), Light (for a disc with light scratches), and Deep [for CDs and Game Discs that have been deeply gouged, (not for DVDs)]. Sanding Mode (not for DVDs), is $2.00 extra.
- If subsequent cleaning / repair is desired standard fees apply for each run through the machine. The RTI Eco-Senior Disc Repair Machine is operated as a public service once a week on Tuesday evenings. This service is not pay and wait. All disc repair services are pre-pay. Disc will be available for customer pick up the following day. Disc not picked up within thirty (30) operational days will be discarded or destroyed.
- The Franklin County Library does not guarantee the playability of a Disc after it is run through the RTI Eco-Senior Disc Repair Machine. Results are generally good-to excellent. The machine is designed to eliminate scratches on Discs, however it does not repair cracks or pre-existing faults that may have been a result of a manufacturing error.
- The Franklin County Library does not guarantee the ability to fix a Disc if it has already been through another disc fixing machine. Many of the commercially sold disc repair machines buff Discs and do more harm than good. The RTI Eco-Senior Disc Repair machine may not be able to reverse the damage already done by one of these machines.
- The Franklin County Library does not recommend a Disc be run through the RTI Eco-Senior Disc Repair Machine more than 10 times on the Medium mode. The machine removes layers of the disc in an effort to eliminate scratches. If a disc is repaired this way too often, the Disc becomes too thin to be read by laser, therefore we cannot guarantee the playability of a Disc if it has gone through this type of process more than a few times.
- Processing orders are limited to 5 Discs per customer weekly. Commercial orders are not accepted.
- Note on Blu-ray Discs:
- The Library will process Blu-Ray Discs and PS3 for repair. However, due to the manner in which the machine processes them, scratches may still be visible, but this should not affect their operability.