Services for Children
Need help with your homework? Click here.
How the program works:
- Registration is encouraged so you may track your reading and activities online.
- Pick up a Fizz Boom Read bag with a reading log and other goodies, at the first program you attend.
- Completion of the Summer Reading Program consists of 2 parts
- Checkout and read any 5 books and record in the reading log
- Attend at least 4 programs over the 6 weeks and get a sticker for each program attended
- Everyone who completes the Summer Reading Program gets their choice of a prize.
- The Summer Reading Program, Fizz Boom Read, will run from June 24 through August 1, 2014, plus the Finales which will be held August 5th-8th.
- This year's theme is science and programs will include making slime, soda geysers, homemade ice cream, volcanoes, and paper airplane and egg drop contests (all on different days of course). Come prepared to make a mess!
- Programs will be held at each of the Franklin County Library’s 4 locations. Please see the library’s website (http://www.franklincountync.us/services/library) for addresses and directions.
- Programs are for ages 3-5, 6-12, and the whole family.
- 3-5 year olds at 11AM
- 6-12 year olds at 1PM
- The whole family at 6PM
- Each week will have a different theme.
- For each age group, we will have activities related to that week’s theme and which may vary by age and/or location.
- All programs for a particular location will be on their day of the week as follows
- Youngsville – Tuesdays
- Franklinton – Wednesdays
- Louisburg – Thursdays
- Bunn – Fridays
- In addition, each location will have its own Ice Cream Party Finale on its program day as listed above. Each Finale will be from 5-7PM. The Finale week is Aug. 5th -8th.
Summer Reading Registration