Services for Children
Need help with your homework? Click here.
How the program works:
- No registration is required.
- Pick up a Fizz Boom Read bag with a reading log and other goodies, at the library.
- Completion of the Summer Reading Program consists of 2 parts
- Checkout and read any 5 books and record in the reading log
- Attend at least 4 programs over the 6 weeks and get a sticker for each program attended
- Everyone who completes the Summer Reading Program gets a prize.
- The Summer Reading Program, Fizz Boom Read, will run from June 24 through August 1, 2014.
- Programs will be held at each of the Franklin County Library’s 4 locations. Please see the library’s website (http://www.franklincountync.us/services/library) for addresses and directions.
- Programs are for ages 3-5, 6-12, and the whole family.
- 3-5 year olds at 11AM
- 6-12 year olds at 1PM
- The whole family at 6PM
- Each week will have a different theme which may vary by age.
- For each age group, we will have stories and activities related to that week’s theme.
- All programs for a particular location will be on their day of the week as follows
- Youngsville – Tuesdays
- Franklinton – Wednesdays
- Louisburg – Thursdays
- Bunn – Fridays
- In addition, each location will have its own Ice Cream Party Finale on its program day as listed above. Each Finale will be from 5-7PM. The Finale week is Aug. 5th -8th.
Franklin County Libraries are committed to encouraging children to read and enjoy their learning experiences. We provide them with reading programs, educational games to help them learn computer skills and other subjects, research materials for school projects, as well as providing them with books suited to their interests and age groups. Franklin County Libraries take great pride in extending the search for knowledge beyond the classroom. Come and check with your local branch library and see what children’s services are provided right now in your area.
Stories and More 2012 (see schedule map)
- Youngsville Branch: Tuesdays, 11:00am, 3-5 year olds
- Franklinton Branch: Wednesdays, 11:00am, 3-5 year olds
- Louisburg Library: Thursdays, 11:00am, 3-5 year olds and 6:00pm, 6-12 year olds
- Bunn Branch: Fridays, 11:00am, 3-5 year olds