Applying for Employment
Franklin County is an equal opportunity employer and applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital, or veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status.
- Persons with disabilities should notify HR staff and request accommodations during the application and selection process, if necessary.
- Accepted complete applications and all supplemental materials submitted become the property of Franklin County and cannot be returned or copied.
- If you are dropping your application off in person, you must drop it off to a HR staff member.
- If a closing date is included in the job announcement, applications must be received by the HR department BEFORE 5:00 p.m. on that closing date. Applications received either in person or by US mail after 5:00 p.m. of the closing date are not eligible for consideration.
- The application is designed to assist the hiring department in evaluating your qualifications. Please read the job announcement carefully to be sure your background at least meets the minimum requirements of the position.
- Incomplete applications will not be referred to the hiring departments. Answer all questions and complete all sections of the application form. You must give complete information on the application (“See Resume” is not acceptable). List separately each job held and your duties for each position, if you held more than one position for the same employer. Attach additional sheets to provide any additional work experience, if necessary.
- Resumes are welcome as a supplement to the application but will not be accepted in lieu of the application. Make sure you submit any additional documentation listed as required in the job announcement. Additional paperwork and/or documentation may be required during the interview or during the hiring process.
- You must indicate if you have ever been convicted of any crime. Violations must be explained (offense, date of conviction, disposition, and circumstances) on a separate sheet of paper attached to the application.
- Check for accuracy, sign and date your application. Unsigned applications will not be processed and will be returned to sender.
- When completing the application, please make sure you complete the section for equal opportunity information. This section is for statistical information reporting and will not be forwarded to the hiring department.
- Franklin County is dedicated to equality of opportunity. Accordingly, we do not practice or condone discrimination in any form against employees or applicants on the grounds of race, creed, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, political affiliation, or mental or physical abilities, except where physical or mental abilities, sex, or age are legitimate occupational qualifications. We are subject to, and comply with, the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Franklin County hires only those individuals who are United States citizens or aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete a verification form and provide documentation of employment eligibility and identity.
- All applicants tentatively selected for any position will be required to submit to a background check, driver’s record check, pre-employment physical and drug screen if necessary, prior to appointment. Unsatisfactory results from such testing will result in the conditional offer of employment being withdrawn.
- The conditions of employment include a probationary period. New employees are subject to a probationary period of at least six (6) months. If performance and conduct meet acceptable standards, a regular appointment is given. If not, employment may be terminated at any time during the period.