The health education staff encourages and empowers the community to make healthier choices by providing education, activities and resources that will allow them to have the ability to recognize and address their health needs. The overall goal of health education is to enable the community to change unhealthy habits into healthy habits.
- Tobacco Free Living/Prevention
- Healthy Eating & Physical Activity Awareness
- Blood Pressure Awareness
- Diabetes Awareness
- Cancer Awareness
- Communicable Disease Awareness
- Chronic Diseases Awareness
- Healthy Lifestyles
- Policy and Environmental change
- Community health data, assessment, planning and evaluation
- Respond to request for health information
- Develop and disburse health information
- Establish partnerships with community organizations and other groups
- Partner with local faith and non-faith based organizations to adopt healthy eating, tobacco free living and other health promotion policies
- Provide supporting documents and information on how to establish a Joint Use Agreement (JUA) Example: A church allowing public access to their playground after hours in order for the public to have closer access for places to play, exercise, etc.
- Advocate for healthy communities, workplaces, families, and individuals
- Tobacco Cessation resources
Who may receive these services?
- Anyone may request health promotion services
Examples of Health Education at Work:
- Participation in the planning and development of healthy resources in the community
- Support community organizations and partners to promote healthy living
- Advocate for environmental changes that support healthy living for everyone
- Provide health education to local community organizations
Looking for Healthy Living Activities? Click here.
Do you want to quit smoking? Click here for helpful resources!
Read our 2014 Transforming Health Newsletters for kids and adults!
Have you or someone you know been diagnosed with Mesothelioma?
The Mesothelioma Guide is your trusted ally in the fight against asbestos-related cancer. Their mission is to guide mesothelioma patients to better health care options and to find a cure. http://www.mesotheliomaguide.com
For More Information about Healthy Living, please click the links below!
www.esmmweighless.com (Personal and Group Worksite Weight-Loss Program)
Please feel free to contact the Health Education Department at