Water and Sewer - Franklin County Public Utilities, or the Town of Louisburg, which provides service within its boundaries and its extraterritorial jurisdiction, provides water and wastewater treatment.
|Town of Franklinton||1,000,000 gpd.|
|County water||3,000,000 gpd.|
|FCDWS sewer||3,000,000 gpd.|
|Town of Louisburg sewer||1,500,000 gpd.|
|Town of Louisburg||1,000,000 gpd.|
|Town of Bunn||50,000 gpd.|
Electricity - Provided by Progress Energy, Wake Electric Membership Corporation, and the Town of Louisburg.
Natural Gas - Currently available in Franklin County's US1/NC96 industrial corridor, and east of Louisburg on NC56. All natural gas provided by PSNC Energy.
Telephone - CenturyLink covers 95% of Franklin County. Southern Bell serves the remaining area in the Southeast.
Financial Incentives - Industries may qualify for incentives/funding assistance through:
1) Certified Development Corporation
A non-profit agency administers the Revolving Loan Fund program created from matching federal and state grants which funds 75 percent or $200,000 of project cost, whichever is less, for certain specified costs.
2) Dislocated Worker Program
Reimburses a percentage of retraining costs.
3) Industrial Revenue Bond Financing
Funds land and equipment purchase, as well as facility construction, maybe obtained through the Franklin County Industrial Facilities & Pollution Control Financing Authority.
4) One North Carolina Fund
The One North Carolina Fund may provide financial assistance to those businesses or industries deemed by the Governor to be vital to a healthy and growing State economy and are making significant efforts to expand in North Carolina. The fund is a competitive fund and the location or expansion must be in competition with another location outside of North Carolina. Criteria for the program is available through the NC Department of Commerce Finance Center.
5) Job Development Investment Grant
This discretionary incentive may provide sustained annual grants to new and expanding businesses measured against a percentage of withholding taxes paid by new employees. The program is competitive and the Economic Investment Committee, which oversees it can award up to 25 grants in a calendar year. Contact the NC Dept. of Commerce Finance for the detailed criteria.
6) Community Development Block Grants
Tax Information (PDF) - Rate/$100 Valuation (Based on 2009 valuations)
|Indicator||Franklin Co.||Research Triangle||NC|
|Unemployment (as of 12/09)||10.3%||8.9%||10.9%|
|Avg. Annual Wage (2009)||33,800||43,784||38,168|
|Per Capita Income (2007)||27,685||39,373||33,663|
|Labor Force (2009)||27,831||977,488||4,544,622|
Education: Colleges & Universities - there are 37 colleges & educational institutions within a 2 hour drive
- Louisburg College - the oldest junior college in the nation
- Vance-Granville Community College:
- The industry-services division of VGCC works with new, expanding, & existing industries
- Provides customized training programs tailored to meet the needs of the industry & its employees
- Flexible in design to accomplish specific objectives jointly planned by the company personnel & industrial training specialists from VGCC.
- Prestigious research & teaching-oriented public institutions available